Home FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

All about drones

A Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV’S or drone) is an aircraft with no pilot on board. These are normally controlled by a ground operator.

Anyone who wants to fly a UAV for commercial purposes is required to get approval from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). This is called a PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) A full list of Qualified Operators can be found on the CAA website. We are fully licensed and insured for commercial operations.

As it’s a legal requirement to have correct UAV insurance we use both Coverdrone and Flock Insurance. We can be insured for your flight for up to £10 million.

The CAA imposes strict rules to ensure public safety, we are bound by these rules under our license conditions. Details of these are on our About Us Page.

We will also require approval from the landowner for the take-off and landing site(s).

Our permission requires us to stay 50m away from people and property or 150m from groups of over 1000 people.
However, if a person or group is ‘under the control’ of our pilot, then we can fly as close as is safe to.
For property, if we have owners permission we can get nearer. A building survey wouldn’t be very effective if we had to keep 50m away!

We have permission to fly as high as 400ft (approx 120m) above ground level and up to 500m horizontally from the pilot. If you have large areas you need to cover, it may take multiple flights. We can discuss plans to best achieve your vision.

We have a passion for delivering great customer service and cost effective solutions for your creative needs.